I think it’s probably obvious that I haven’t been up for much shopping this week. In fact, I haven’t been up for much of anything that doesn’t involve lying on the couch in my pajamas. Thankfully, P has more than taken up the slack around here. He’s let me sleep in late, packed Caroline’s lunch and gotten her off to school every morning, and even unloaded the dishwasher yesterday. And here I thought I just married him for the eye candy.
So I started looking around online to see if I could find anything cute and came up short. I don’t know if it’s because I’m on a lot of cold medicine or if I’m just tired or if three straight days in pajamas has clouded my judgment, but nothing really appealed to me.
But I thought it might be fun to do something different. I know a lot of people use Pinterest to discover all manner of crafty activities and birthday party ideas. However, I use it for fashion. Where else can you sit on your couch in holey pajamas and get great wardrobe ideas?
One of the things I love the most is to see what other people are wearing and then try to recreate it with things I already have in my closet or things I can find for a bargain.
Here are a few outfit combinations I love right now.
1. I love this because it’s simple and totally easy to copy. A simple t-shirt, scarf and jeans with Toms. The perfect Mom outfit.
9. Love the way leopard print flats and an orange bag (I know. I’m obsessed.) can make an outfit fun.
10. I also really like blue and green together. Super cute coat.
11. Do you kind of feel like I’m pushing the whole t-shirt and scarf thing? It’s because I am. I just want you to see how easy it is to put together an inexpensive outfit that still looks great. Sometimes it’s just all about the right accessories.
12. T-shirt. Scarf. I have a problem.
13. Now this is a little different because it’s a long sleeve, SLOUCHY t-shirt with an infinity scarf. Seriously. I have a problem.
14. The jacket makes this totally different. Plus I love the green with the gray and the cream jacket. You could totally put this together from pieces you’d find at Forever 21 or TJ Maxx or Target.
15. This has nothing to do with fashion, but I really like her haircut. Any thoughts on whether or not I should get my hair cut like this? I think we all know that it’s the bangs that appeal to me, yet frighten me at the same time.
Y’all have a great Friday.