Well, the good news is my car is legal again. I took it back to the service station around noon yesterday and the whole thing only took about five minutes. Which made me feel a little stupid about putting it off for so long. And for about three seconds I felt inspired to do a few other things I’ve been procrastinating on, but that feeling pretty much passed as soon as I drove out of the parking lot.
There are a couple or six things I wanted to share with y’all.
1. I’m almost out of mascara. Which means I’m in the market for a great mascara that will perform eyelash miracles. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
2. My wonderful and extremely patient agent, Bill Jensen, posted this link on his Facebook page. If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to write a book this pretty much sums it up. I laughed until I cried.
3. Speaking of books, several of y’all (at least two) have asked about my book, Sparkly Green Earrings. It’s all finished. Cover art and everything. And it’s coming out the first week of February.
I’ll be here alternating between excitement and wanting to curl up in the fetal position if you need me.
4. If you haven’t watched this Feel Inside (And Stuff) video by Flight of The Conchords then your life isn’t as good as it could be.
5. I kind of fell off the fitness wagon this summer and have got to get back on. But I can’t run everyday because I hate running. And I can’t face doing The Shred because it makes me so dang angry. Not to mention that I can’t even get off the toilet seat for the first five days after I do it.
So I ordered Body by Bethenny. I’ll let you know how it goes. I hear those exercise DVDs can really work if you actually put them in your DVR an use them.
6. I wrote a post about football movies on Ree’s blog. You can read it here.
I’m slightly depressed about the whole thing now that the Aggies season opener has been rescheduled due to Hurricane Isaac but I guess that makes sense because, you know, it’s a hurricane. Stay safe if you’re on the Gulf Coast.
And that’s it for today. I know it’s brief but back to school is kind of kicking my rear end this week. I mean, did you not read the part about how I had to get my car inspected? It was exhausting.
Y’all have a great day.