Except it’s not really the day after right now. It’s the night of.
And you know what we’re not watching? Election results. Because the whole thing drives me crazy and I start to stress eat and just wake me up when the whole thing is over and we know who won.
Which we may know by the time you’re reading this. Or maybe we won’t know for two more weeks.
I have no idea.
Because we’re watching the movie remake of 21 Jump Street. Frankly, I vote for Johnny Depp. 21 Jump Street isn’t the same without him.
Anyway, since I can’t even pretend to keep any kind of normal train of thought, here’s a quick list.
1. Many of you have inquired about the oranges. The verdict is still out but it does appear that the apple in the bag experiment is working. They are definitely a little more ripe than they were a few days ago.
On a related note, I’m totally buying new ripe oranges at the grocery store and putting them in the bag if I have to resort to that. It’s the fruit equivalent of replacing a goldfish.
Not that I’ve ever done that.
2. I’m a little obsessed with these chevron knit throws.
I just thought you should know.
3. I’m also more than a little bit in love with this kitchen island. And those lights.
Does anyone know where I can find some reclaimed wood? Because P says he can make that countertop for me if he can find some reclaimed wood and I’m going to take him up on it.
So if you have an old barn you’re not using, please let me know.
4. I still have fake spider webs in my yard and decaying jack-o-lanterns on my front steps. Meanwhile, my neighbors put their Christmas lights up this past weekend.
Is it wrong that this makes me dislike them? I don’t need the pressure of holiday over-achievers living right by me.
5. That’s really all I have for today. Or tonight. I know that’s kind of lame, but it’s the best I could do under the stress of not watching the election returns.
Y’all have a good day.