This has nothing to do with anything else I’m about to discuss, but for one brief shining moment yesterday every bit of laundry in my house was clean. And folded. And put away.
And then Caroline got home from school and changed for soccer practice and P came home from work and changed clothes and the moment was over.
But it was a glorious ten minute period of time that was nice while it lasted.
Okay, so since I’m leading with laundry today, it’s safe to assume there isn’t much else going on. However, there are a few things I would like to share.
1. Have you seen this video of the cast of Downton Abbey performing One Direction’s What Makes You Beautiful? My friend Robin shared it with me in an attempt to help me assuage my grief over Sunday night’s episode.
2. This weekend is the DotMOM conference in Frisco. There’s still a few spots if you want to sign up! Go visit the conference page for more information.
And since some of you have asked, I’ll be signing books after Friday night’s session from 8:30-9:30.
3. Last night I made Pioneer Woman’s beef with snow peas because she recently made it on her cooking show and it’s a dish that can be made in sixteen minutes. Which SIGN ME UP.
Because while sixteen minutes is still about fifteen and a half minutes longer than I want to spend in the kitchen, it’s so much better than an hour.
The verdict is that it was delicious. Great flavor, very easy. The sad part is that the flank steak I bought from HEB that was billed as “tenderized” was still tough enough that P thought I might have fried up his old boots for dinner.
And before you tell me I still need to tenderize meat that’s labeled tenderized, I will tell you that I did indeed do just that. It was just that tough.
4. Any thoughts on The Bachelor? Were you surprised he didn’t choose Des? Because I was shocked. Even though I think her brother helped kill it. Who wants to deal with that every holiday for the rest of your life?
5. I have no idea what number five was going to be and I assure you I had something to say. But it has left me. And so I have to assume it wasn’t that interesting to begin with.
If it was, I’ll let you know about it tomorrow.
Y’all have a great Wednesday.