I know you were hoping I’d post a list of things today. Especially a list that’s beauty and skin care related. Or maybe you weren’t.
But, either way, it’s what you’re getting.
1. Oh, do I have a treat for you. In fact, I’ve been waiting all week to tell you about it.
And now I’ve probably oversold it. But still.
Last week I had the chance to meet a perfectly delightful girl named Reagan. She is a hairdresser in New York City (please say that like the old Pace picante commercials) and she was wearing her hair styled in a messy side bun that I coveted all day long.
You may be wondering what any of that has to do with you.
I’ll tell you. She has a blog called Hairdresser on Fire and she recommends products and gives hair advice and, best of all, posts video tutorials on how to style your hair in various ways. I have spent the last week attempting halo braids on anything that will stand still long enough, including Caroline’s American Girl doll.
Seriously, I adore it .
2. Many of you had questions after I mentioned dry-brushing my skin last week. All I know is my lymphatic system has never felt better.
Actually, I don’t really know that I feel a difference in my lymphatic system, but my skin does seem softer and has a little bit of a glow to it. Not a weird alien glow, but a healthy glow. Just wanted to clarify.
Anyway, here’s an article on dry-brushing if you’re interested in learning more about it.
3. Speaking of skin care, I’ve heard a lot of talk lately about the Clarisonic electric face brush. I realize it’s a little bit pricey, but a person only has one face.
Unless they are two-faced like a girl I remember from junior high.
Anyone have any thoughts on the Clarisonic brush? Is it worth it?
4. And on one last beauty-related note, I am in desperate need of new eye makeup. I kind of already knew this and then I went to dinner with Gulley and my friend, Julie, last Saturday night and we were all bemoaning the state of our various wrinkles, declining metabolism, and hormonal issues.
I mentioned that I felt like my eyes have been looking exceptionally droopy and may have even pulled down on my eyebrows to highlight my fears of what I’m afraid my eye future may hold. Then I said I think part of the problem might be that I don’t really know how to properly apply eye makeup. That’s when Julie and Gulley both admitted they didn’t even realize I wear eye shadow.
I think I need some eye shadow help. Any brands that y’all love or products or fancy tricks that make all the eye difference? Especially my fellow brown-eyed girls out there?
5. I woke up yesterday morning with a scratchy throat that seems to be transitioning to sore. The good news is that I have to be at Caroline’s school tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. to help her entire class get dressed for their musical production.
Which shouldn’t be stressful at all. Just the equivalent of trying to get a bunch of cats to wear pants.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
If I survive.
See y’all tomorrow.