This week has been like most weeks in May. By which I mean insane. The only comfort I have right now is that it’s almost over and we have a long weekend ahead of us with not much on the schedule.
I’m also so close to finishing my book that I’ve reached the point where I can’t sleep at night because it is all-consuming and I know exactly what I have left to write and my brain really doesn’t have an off switch at the moment. But that’s okay. I’ll sleep in June.
In the meantime, I did manage to cook dinner one night this week and the recipe is worth sharing. I think you can probably tell from all the fishing pictures, but we have a lot of fish at our house. P makes the best fried fish in the world, but he doesn’t always have time to do it and yet we still want to eat fish for dinner. Thus, I needed to find a way to cook the fish.
(I realize I could fry it but the process intimidates me for some reason. I worry that I’d burn it or undercook it and we’d all get salmonella or e.coli or an amoeba or something.)
Then I found a recipe on my friend Ruth’s Living Well, Spending Less blog and decided to give it a whirl.
It was delicious. And so easy.
So in case you’re looking for a good fish recipe, here’s Crispy oven-fried fish bites with homemade tartar sauce.
A couple of notes:
1. I didn’t make the homemade tartar sauce. HEB makes a good tartar sauce and why reinvent the tartar sauce wheel?
2. I will use more Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning next time. Like at least twice or three times as much. Because we like our fish just a little bit spicy.
3. The best part is that this is an easy way to make fish to go in fish tacos. And this fish taco recipe with yum yum sauce is my favorite. It’s yum yum. Just like the name says.
4. You could totally do this with whole filets if you are so inclined.
5. It was so good that I have no doubt I will continue to use it as a go-to recipe until I never want to eat fish again.