Here’s a quick list because I am tired and I’m hot. Also, if I tried to write about what we did yesterday it would read like this:
“We went to the pool. We ate some nachos while we were there. They weren’t very good. Then we came home, complained about how hot the house is without air-conditioning and went to bed. The end.”
Trust me, it’s better this way. Not much better, mind you, but better.
1. Does anyone else think that someone in charge of production of The Bachelorette this season went to Big Lots and found a bunch of big fur Elmer Fudd hats on sale?
2. Also, is it just me or is anyone else hoping they never hear the phrase “protect and guard your heart” ever again?
3. Lastly, did anyone else experience the need to bless Casey’s heart and then intermittently hide your face behind a pillow while whispering “No, no, no. Please, no.”
And then, dude, she left him on a glacier. That’s just cold, ABC, in every sense of the word.
4. If our air-conditioning repairman doesn’t show up with the motor later today, I’m driving to Austin myself to get it. And I’ll blast the air on high the whole way there. I can’t remember what it feels like to be cold.
5. Thank you for making me feel more secure about the new color in the kitchen. Now I can focus on obsessing over how to accessorize it.
6. My friend Julie bought me the new Courtyard Hounds CD and I love it.
7. There’s one last chance to win a $50 gift card from BlogHer over on my Tropicana Juicy Rewards page. Just click over here.
8. I think we might go see Toy Story 3 later today. I’m prepared that I might cry because I am a big old sap and Sunrise, Sunset and all that stuff. I have a feeling I should clean out the playroom one more time before we go because, otherwise, I might lose the ability to get rid of all those Barbies that have been played with approximately zero times.
Caroline has never been much of a Barbie girl. It’s hard for me to understand considering that I played with Barbies until about junior high and only gave them up for fear of being mocked.
8. If I could find one more great swimsuit for the summer I’d be so thankful, but I don’t know that I have the strength to endure the whole ordeal.
Speaking of strength, I’m going to wrap this off. I think we’ve all been bored enough.