Because I know the suspense is killing you, I’ll cut to the chase and let you know that I didn’t dream about Grover Cleveland, or any other Presidents, last night. In fact, I don’t know if I had any dreams at all because I didn’t sleep that great. Mainly because I made the foolish decision to stay up too late watching The Bachelor and was totally freaked out by the entire visit to Shawntel’s hometown. I learned more about funeral homes than I ever wanted to know.
If you’re a single gal with hopes of getting married some day, here’s a tip. Don’t ever utter the phrase, “Do you want to be cremated?” while you’re on a date. It’s a mood killer.
Or maybe it’s just me.
Anyway, my goal is to get to bed early tonight because I never sat down one time today unless you count the time I spent driving from breakfast with AJ to coffee with my friend Jenn to lunch with Gulley to carpool to pick up Caroline to gymnastics to the library and, finally, back home. I’m flat worn out.
So here’s a quick list of somewhere between a couple and several things.
1. Some of you asked about the top I was wearing in the the picture yesterday. It’s a brand called Beyond Vintage and I found it online at Piperlime. But before I give you the link, I am compelled to give a lengthy explanation about it because I don’t want you to think I throw around money like I’m Sue Ellen Ewing.
I saw it about a year ago and fell in love with it. IN LOVE. It was everything I’d ever wanted in a top. But, alas, it was way more than my $15.00 limit and so I’d just visit it from time to time on the computer. Then, one day last fall, it was suddenly on sale for 50% off, plus I had a coupon for 15% off. MY JOY KNEW NO BOUNDS. I ordered it so fast it would make your head spin.
Then I went back to the Piperlime site about an hour later because I was going to link to it on Fashion Friday that week and, LO AND BEHOLD, it wasn’t on sale anymore. It all happened so fast that I could only assume they made a mistake and worried that they were going to email me and explain it was still full price. BUT THEY DIDN’T. Clearly, it was all a fashion blessing sent straight from heaven.
Here’s the link to it on Piperlime. And, let me just say, it’s even better in person. Also, it runs small.
**Edited to add: Apparently it has now sold out. I wish that meant Piperlime would be sending me a big fat commission check, but all they’re going to give me is free shipping. Which they give to everyone. ***
2. Speaking of heaven, yesterday afternoon Caroline was sitting at the island in our kitchen doing her homework. She was looking out our back windows, daydreaming instead of practicing her spelling words, when I thought she said, “Mama! I see an angel in the neighbor’s trees and he’s tying ropes to the limbs to keep them safe!”
And I was like “WHAT? YOU SEE WHAT?”, thinking to myself OH MY GOSH! Is God giving Caroline some kind of supernatural sightings of heavenly creatures?
Then she repeated herself, “I see Angel in the neighbor’s trees and he’s tying ropes to the limbs to keep them safe!”
I looked out the window and realized she was seeing Angel, the tree guy who does a lot of work for P’s company, trimming our neighbor’s trees and lowering the cut branches to the ground with rope.
So, no supernatural sightings of heavenly beings. Just regular sightings of Hispanic tree-trimmers.
3. If you live in San Antonio I feel compelled to tell you that the West Elm store in the Quarry is closing and their entire inventory is 40% off. I went in there yesterday, felt completely overwhelmed at all the bargains and the pressure of ALL SALES FINAL and left with nothing. But they still have some really great stuff left.
4. Yesterday Gulley and I went to lunch. We were talking about our night at the rodeo last week and I said, “I had to delete the picture Julie took of you and me. It was TERRIBLE of me.” Then I went on to say, “And I’ll be honest, it was a REALLY BAD picture of you, too.”
And Gulley, bless her heart, didn’t even say anything about it. We just went on with our conversation until she brought it up about fifteen minutes later and, I’m not kidding, we laughed until we had tears running down our cheeks because WHO SAYS THAT TO ANOTHER PERSON?
Me. I say that.
I’m glad she loves me anyway because we called each other on and off the rest of the day and laughed about it all over again.
5. I thought American Idol was on Tuesday nights and spent all day excited about it. So imagine my disappointment when it wasn’t on. Didn’t it used to be on Tuesday nights? Did I dream that? Did I dream I was watching American Idol with John Adams on a Tuesday night?
Five seems like a good number to end on. Especially because I’m out of things to write.
Good day to you.