Normally it’s at least Thursday before I lose my ability to compile all my thoughts and musings into one incredibly long, slightly boring, cohesive blog post. But I have had one of those days where unimportant things have driven me slightly out of my mind and left me feeling a wee bit irritable and slightly weepy. I am a treasure to be around in person right now if you don’t mind the occasional growl or tearful outburst.
But on to happier, shinier things!
1. On Friday night, after recovering from the joy of Blizzard 2011, P and I went to see True Grit. It was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time. Not that I’ve recently seen many movies that don’t involve animated characters, but, still, great movie and great performances.
I especially loved the little girl who played Mattie Ross. And tried to not let myself be distracted by the man behind us who kept whispering loudly to his date, “THAT GIRL IS JERRY SEINFELD’S DAUGHTER. SHE’S SEINFELD’S DAUGHTER.”
Sir, her name is Hailee Steinfeld. Steinfeld. With a t.
2. Over the years I have mentioned HEB once or eight million times on this blog. And many of you who hail from other parts of the United States and, lo, even, THE WORLD, never fail to ask how it’s pronounced and why it is such a prominent feature in my life.
Here’s a commercial that aired during the Super Bowl that should answer all your questions.
I love it just a little.
Also, I’ll tell you what else we wouldn’t have without HEB, any place to grocery shop besides Walmart.
3. Some of you emailed yesterday and asked if I was starting to moderate comments. The answer is no. There is some sort of glitch with the flux capacitor in my comment section and it’s causing WordPress to hold some comments until I approve them.
We here at Big Mama, Inc. are working furiously behind the scenes to remedy this issue. Which means that we aren’t really doing anything about it but hoping it just magically fixes itself. Also, there’s no one here but me.
4. They are forecasting COLD RAIN for first thing this morning. COLD RAIN. As if we can’t figure that out by virtue of the fact that it’s going to be 37 degrees and rainy.
5. I’m over second grade homework. I don’t believe second graders should have homework unless they are woefully behind. It’s not like they’re taking the SAT next week. They’re seven.
6. A reminder for my San Antonio area peeps, Priscilla Shirer is going to be here February 25-26th for a Going Beyond event. You really don’t want to miss it. She is an amazing speaker.
7. See y’all tomorrow.