“I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness.” Isaiah 61:10
A list. That’s what I have today. A list.
1. A few days ago, my friend Holly Mathis wrote a post featuring houses with yellow front doors. And I’ve become a little obsessed with the colors used on this house.
I’m not saying I actually want a bright yellow front door, but I’m not saying I don’t.
It sure is cute.
2. Speaking of front doors, we’ve had to face the reality that we are dead to door guy. I have no doubt that both of our phone numbers are now on permanent DO NOT ANSWER status. And since I have no desire to forever live with a piece of plywood stapled to the hole in our front door, I called a glass company to come give us an estimate.
Lo and behold, it is no big deal to replace the glass, contrary to what we were told by door guy. It will be ready next week and the whole thing is costing a little over $100. Which makes it even more shocking that door guy didn’t just pony up a new piece of glass.
3. Gulley told me she saw the movie trailer for The Help the other night while watching a T.V. special about William and Kate. I tried to swallow my bitterness that at the same time Gulley was experiencing T.V. perfection, I was being subjected to some movie called Zombieland.
And then I found the trailer on Youtube so I could watch it for myself. LOVE.
If you need me in August, I’ll be at the theater.
4. Several of you asked about the Mama Tried t-shirt Caroline had on in the picture yesterday. It is one of my absolute favorites and was sent to her by the Junk Gypsies. If you’ve never visited their site and seen all their cool stuff, you’re missing out.
5. And, yes, she was wearing a Mexican dress in the picture with my sunglasses. We bought it at the Fiesta Store here in town, but you can find approximately one million of them at El Mercado in downtown San Antonio.
But if you don’t happen to have a mercado in your town, you can find them on Etsy.
And if you want to recreate my seventh grade year, you can wear it with jelly shoes.
6. The app I used for my phone pictures is Instagram. If you don’t have it, you need it. And it’s free.
7. I know I haven’t talked at all about Friday Night Lights season premiere. Mainly because I don’t even know where to begin. So let’s start where all good things begin, Tim Riggins. Hated to see him in jail, but I was glad to see him at all.
Julie Taylor leaving for college about did me in. I was seconds away from the ugly cry.
Coach Taylor was perfection as always.
And Landry visiting Grandma Saracen was one of my favorite scenes.
All in all, I can’t wait to see what happens. Based on the previews, it looks like it’s going to be quite the ride.
8. Boden is having a big 40% off sale right now on all kinds of cute stuff, including their raincoats. I’ve wanted one of their raincoats for a while now but I don’t dare order one at this point and I’ll tell you why. I finally bought a pair of rainboots back in January and I’ve worn them ONE time. WHEN IT SNOWED.
I feel like I might be singlehandedly responsible for the drought. Who knows what would happen if I bought a raincoat? I couldn’t live with the guilt.
9. What’s everybody doing for Easter? Any big plans? Do you eat Easter lunch or Easter dinner? What do you have? Or do you just eat a six-pack of Reeses’ Eggs and call it a day?
10. Don’t forget about the Tracy Porter giveaway. You can enter by visiting this page right here. I’ve also got a giveaway going for a $100 Visa gift card from Tropicana. You can enter by visiting here.
See y’all tomorrow.
Tracy Porter reminder/ Tropicana reminder
So I was thinking it might be fun to just show you a few pictures I’ve taken with my phone over the last week or so.
(Actually, I wasn’t really thinking that at all, but it sounds better than saying I’m tired and ready to go to bed and can’t come up with anything interesting to say.)
This is Caroline and Will at the baseball field about a week ago. Someday Gulley and I are going to have set these two loose on the world. Look at those expressions. Heaven help the world.
Caroline with my nephew Luke at a Mexican restaurant. Luke is almost seventeen months old and still prefers to spend the majority of his time looking like a muppet. I could eat him up.
About two weeks ago, this is what the rose bush in our front yard looked like. Sadly, it doesn’t look like that anymore.
After church on Sundays, Caroline likes to eat a chocolate donut. And save some of the chocolate on her face for later. This week she preferred to eat her donut while wearing my sunglasses.
Playing in the sprinklers and eating a popsicle. What else do you do when it’s already 100 degrees outside?
I adore this picture. And I adore that girl.
Finally, if ever a picture completely summed up Caroline, this might be it.
I’ll be back tomorrow when I’ve hopefully regained some knowledge of how to use the English language to form sentences and maybe even paragraphs.