I realize that I haven’t been so big on posting anything resembling actual paragraphs that all flow together neatly this week, but I have a very good reason. I’ve been very busy trying to find the perfect pair of nude-colored wedge heels. Or as they may also be called, cognac, tan, taupe, tan or natural. I know this because I’ve looked at every cognac, natural, nude, tan shoe in a fifteen mile radius of my home. So far all I’ve committed to is admitting that I am very indecisive when it comes to choosing a pair of shoes.
So, today, I offer you bullet points because that’s how I’m going to roll.
1. Before we’re too removed from the subject of shoes, I have to tell y’all about the exciting discovery I made at Target yesterday. Those of you who’ve been reading for a while may remember that I don’t get to Target like I used to for reasons that are double-fold:
A. It moved further away and the drive contains six additional stoplights.
B. It is the central Target location for way too many Target shoppers and, thus, is always over-shopped. If there are some good Mossimo finds to be had you better grab them fast because those suckers will be GONE in less than a day.
(Is this starting to look like an outline? It’s very fancy.)
But I went there yesterday because I was on my way home from Bible Study and it was technically on the way home. And that’s when I found the Emeline Braid Flat Sandal.
Only $15.00 and it comes in an array of colors. AN ARRAY.
Also, while I was trying on all the various colors in the shoe aisle, I misplaced my own flip-flop. Seriously. I couldn’t find it for at least three or four minutes and wondered if I was going to be forced to make the walk of shame back to my car wearing only one shoe.
I even wondered for a moment if someone had stolen it because, YES, there is a huge black market for one silver flip-flop.
2. My shoe adventures led me to DSW Shoe Warehouse where I tried on eighty-four variations of nude/tan/cognac/natural wedge heels. Before I got to the store I’d stopped at Chick-Fil-A to grab a quick chicken sandwich for lunch and threw away the remnants of my sandwich and my empty Diet Coke in the trash can outside DSW as I walked in.
After thirty minutes of not committing to shoes, I walked back out to the car while digging in my purse for my keys. I couldn’t find them. I dug some more. No dice. Or keys.
I immediately began to speculate that I’d thrown my keys away with my Chick-Fil-A bag in the trash can outside DSW. And, y’all, I was mortified thinking that I was about to have to go dig through a public trash can in search of my keys.
But that’s when I realized the the lining of my purse has ripped towards the bottom and the keys had fallen between the lining and the outside of the purse.
Thank the Lord in heaven.
3. I get various emails from PR people every now and then. Before, my favorites were always the ones addressed to “Dear Ms.” It’s just so personal and heartwarming. It really conveys that they put forth zero minutes of effort to get to know me before offering me the chance to help them out.
But then yesterday I got an email addressed to “Ms. Melanie Blogger”. Yes, that’s my real name. The secret is out.
And if that wasn’t enough, I received another email with the subject line “Soleil Moon Frye -EXCITING NEWS!” I thought maybe Soleil Moon Frye wanted to give me thousands of dollars or offer me a guest spot on a Punky Brewster Reunion Show. But it was neither of those things. Which leads me to believe that the PR person and I have very different ideas of what constitutes EXCITING NEWS!
4. While I was in the checkout line at HEB yesterday I was tempted to buy every single issue of every single magazine with Prince William and Kate Middleton on the cover. I love a royal wedding. And I love more that the DVR has been invented which will allow me to record it and watch it at a decent hour.
Plus I’m sure P will want to watch it with me. Just as soon as I explain to him who Prince William and Kate Middleton are.
5. On a T.V. note, Friday Night Lights starts on NBC in just one week. I realize I could just go buy Season 5 on DVD but I want to savor the experience and watch it episode by episode until it’s over. And then I’ll cry.
I’ll be back tomorrow with the last five trends of Spring/Summer unless I accidentally delete the post again and then I will throw my computer through the window.
Y’all have a great day.