I don’t even know what to say. I have just watched four hours of television.
(Although technically it was more like three hours after we fast-forwarded through all the commercials)
I realized last week that I was going to have some serious conflicts of interest in the television department between the two hour season finale of Chuck and the two hour series finale of 24. And that’s before I realized that it was also the same night as the season premiere of The Bachelorette.
(I know I said I’d never watch it again but let’s not even pretend like I meant it. I am powerless to resist The Bachelor franchise in all its forms)
The problem is (and I realize this ranks at the top of a first world problem list) that all the shows were on at the same time and our DVR can only record two shows. We are living like a bunch of savages.
So I’ve had to remind myself that it’s a viewing marathon, not a sprint. I’m going to have to watch The Bachelorette online later today because Chuck and 24 won out last night. Mainly because they both feature various weaponry which means that P and I watch them together. And now I’m so keyed up from all the suspense that I may not sleep for days.
But I have a few thoughts on both shows.
We’ll start with Chuck.
1. I adored every minute of the finale even though it stressed me out.
2. I could watch The Jeffster’s Blaze of Glory video about 106 more times.
3. Dude, they blew up the Buy More.
1. Oh my word. Is there anyone ever who has had eight worse days in his life than Jack Bauer?
2. I’m so concerned that no one ever found the body of that parole officer from Arkansas.
3. I loved how terrified Charles Logan was of Jack Bauer. I mean, it’s not like he hasn’t faced danger before considering his wife stabbed him with a kiwi knife in Season 4.
4. I wish I were as tough as Jack. (He bit off someone’s ear. That’s hardcore) I also wish we wore the same size jeans because if his waist is bigger than 23 inches I’ll eat my hat.
5. I thought Dalia Hassan’s eye makeup was beautiful, but I suspect that really wasn’t mean to be a pivotal plot point.
So what about you? Did you watch Chuck? Or 24? Or The Bachelorette?
I can’t even think about the fact that I have Tori and Dean waiting for me on the DVR and the American Idol finale is on tonight. It’s like the feast before the summer television famine, an embarrassment of television riches.