I woke up yesterday morning with a little bit of a scratchy throat that seems to be getting progressively worse. Either that or it’s my new normal to sound like Bea Arthur. Which, fingers crossed for that scenario because, SEXY.
So since I’m probably coming down with a cold or perhaps typhoid fever, I’m just going to share a few quick thoughts and call it a night. Or a day. Or whatever.
1. My friend Steph and I have had several conversations about appropriate, comfortable shorts for moms. I told her that I wasn’t sure that I even believed in shorts anymore. As if I could just will them out of existence because I can’t find a pair that serves as a midway point between hoochie and Mamaw. But then Gulley and I ran in Gap yesterday and discovered these boyfriend Bermuda shorts.
In my opinion, they are the perfect pair of shorts. The right length, the right material, the right fit. Yes, Virginia, there is a pair of shorts.
2. I’m reading Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen right now. I can’t remember the last book that made me laugh out loud at least once in every chapter. I want to write like Rhoda Janzen when I grow up.
And speaking of books, Kelly Corrigan has a new book out called Lift that I can’t wait to read. Her first book, The Middle Place, is one of my favorites of all time. I would also like to write like Kelly Corrigan when I grow up.
3. I’m a little obsessed with tangelos right now. You know? The hybrid fruit that is both a tangerine and an orange? I’ve developed a two tangelo a day habit. Which, hooray for healthy snack. The problem is that they are terribly messy to eat. It kind of makes me feel like I need to eat them standing over the kitchen sink instead of enjoying the tangelo while sitting on my couch and watching American Idol.
And you think you have problems.
4. Speaking of American Idol, my personal favorite last night was Didi Benami. I was a little nervous about the whole Rhiannon thing because, dude, Fleetwood Mac. But it totally worked.
I also thought Crystal Bowersox was great. And she was wearing some kind of rockin’ ring. (I wanted to tell you which hand she was wearing it on, but that would require that I know my right from my left while watching T.V. and knowing the picture is backwards.)
5. A friend of mine called me on Monday and left me a message about a local boutique that was going out of business and having an incredible sale. I didn’t go by there because I was too busy searching the ends of my hair for split ends and developing my current case of typhoid fever. But I ran into my friend yesterday and she told me that the boutique had all their jeans on sale for $30. THIRTY DOLLARS.
I am proud to announce that I bought a $160 pair of Joe’s Jeans for $30. It almost felt like I was stealing them. I don’t know why I think you care about this, but it was a big moment for me.
***Edited to add that the boutique is Galeana on North Main. I didn’t mention it originally because everything was pretty picked over by the time I got there. They had a bunch of jeans left in the 30-31 sizes, but not much in the smaller sizes remained.
6. There is another GoodNites giveaway going on if you click over to my Giveaways page. Don’t miss the chance to win a $175 prize pack that includes an iPod and to learn how you can enter to win the $2500 grand prize.
Y’all have a good day. I’ll just be sitting here sipping on some Theraflu.