I’m very busy watching the Sugar Bowl right now and being an Arkansas Razorback fan for the evening. We’ll see how that turns out.
Anyway, in lieu of a real post with paragraphs, here are ten things that I thought I’d mention and/or share.
1. There was a question in yesterday’s comments about how to make choffee. I really don’t want to brag, but I consider myself to be the foremost hot choffee maker in the United States. And possibly the planet.
I only use Ghiradelli Double Chocolate hot chocolate mix. I put three heaping teaspoons in my favorite oversized coffee mug while I heat up a cup of skim milk in the microwave. I add about two or three splashes of P’s morning coffee (Ted Nugent’s Wackmaster Sunrize made with a french press because if it’s good enough for Uncle Ted then it’s good enough for us.) and then pour in the warm milk. Then I heat the entire mug up for an additional 30 seconds or so.
No, I’m not high maintenance. Why do you ask?
2. Speaking of microwaves, we had to throw out our old microwave after we burned the Kraft Mac and Cheese to the ground a few weeks ago. The smell. My word, the smell. I can still smell it right now if I think about it for too long and then I begin to gag.
So I went to Target and bought a new microwave. It’s a stainless steel Emerson and just as cute as it can be. However, it seems to be possessed and turns itself on at random times. I know it sounds crazy and I totally thought P was messing with me until I witnessed it for myself. Not to mention that he woke up Sunday morning to discover it had turned itself on and been running for who knows how long. You have to think that’s not safe.
Needless to say, I’ll be taking it back to Target this week. In the meantime we just unplug it every time we finish using it which kind of makes me feel like my grandparents.
3. Gulley and I went to lunch at Urban Taco yesterday. I am a big fan of their zucchini jalapeno salsa. It’s an unexpected, yet delightful, combination of flavors.
4. Several people have emailed and asked about Caroline’s outfit on Christmas Eve. It came from Naartjie and she picked it out all by herself. I love it because it’s so much more practical than a fancy dress that she’ll never wear again, plus she can mix and match all the pieces.
5. The Bachelor. I don’t even know what to say.
Actually that’s not true. I do know what to say. If you’re seriously looking for a wife, then I would suggest you bypass the gal with her teeth shaved into fangs that tried to bite your neck.
Also, the one that got out of the limo and yelled, “Catch me!” as she ran towards him took at least ten seconds off my life as I died of all the feeling awkward.
And what are the odds that in a group of thirty women you’d have to specify which “Chantal” you’re talking about? Jennifer, maybe. But Chantal? Although I did see earlier that one of the Chantals is actually a Shawntel. Not to be confused with Shawndeen from My Blue Heaven.
6. After I mentioned The Other Boleyn Girl the other day and several of you commented on it, Gulley and I got excited and discussed that it might be fun to have a little internet book club on the blog. Any thoughts on that?
7. I just asked P to get a splinter out of my foot and he just walked back in the room wearing his headlamp and carrying a magnifying glass and a knife.
I’m frightened by his enthusiasm.
I think I may opt for the splinter to stay and make a permanent home in my foot.
8. Caroline and her friend were riding in the way back of the station wagon on the way home from school yesterday. The topic turned to boys, so I did what any savvy mama would do and turned down the radio so I could hear the conversation.
I heard Caroline say, “There’s a boy in my class that really likes me. He likes that I act like a boy and can run super fast on the playground. AND he’s from a whole other world called CALIFORNIA.”
It may be time to invest in a map.
9. I don’t think I’m really helping the Razorbacks.
10. That’s all.