I just want to state for the record that I’m not bitter AT ALL that P is sitting here next to me eating a bag of orange chocolate Milano cookies after he already ate the last of the chocolate ice box pudding I made on New Year’s Eve.
Not bitter at all.
And certainly have no inclination to throw the remote control at his head.
After all, it’s not like I haven’t gotten to eat anything tasty and delicious today. I mean, I had a cage-free boiled egg in the protein pack I bought at Starbucks earlier. YUM.
Anyway, I spent all day writing and trying to catch up on a myriad of things that I let slip over Christmas break and so I just want to leave you with a few things you might like and/or might find to be useful information.
1. My friend Shannon linked to this article on her Facebook page yesterday and I have to say that it’s a must read for anyone raising a daughter.
2. I loved this post, What the New Year Needs Most, by Ann Voskamp.
3. Ever since I started my whole healthy eating plan, TWO WHOLE DAYS AGO, I’ve spent a lot of time looking through my friend Alysa’s blog. She has some great recipes and other healthy living advice.
4. I finally broke down about six weeks ago and bought a Clarisonic skincare brush with a gift card I’d gotten from a friend. I actually bought the Mia Sonic because it was less expensive and how many brushes and speeds does one person need?
Anyway, I was giving it some time to make sure I love it as much as I initially thought. But now I will tell you that I LOVE IT. It has made my face so smooth and clean and even eliminated some of the dark, splotchy places I get from the sun thanks to hormones. It’s a little pricey but you only have one face. That’s how I justified it.
If P is reading, I’m just kidding. It was only $15.00.
5. Oh, and several of you mentioned Skinnytaste.com yesterday. It’s another great resource for healthy meals that don’t involve roasted beet soup with garlic.
6. And one more thing. The Passion Conference is going on right now at the Georgia Dome. 44,000 college kids in one place worshiping God. That? Gives me hope for the future. You can listen to some of the sessions online right here.
Y’all have a great day.
I’m going to go kick something to forget about the chocolate orange Milanos.