So Carol over at She Lives tagged me for a meme about my dogs and made the comment that I would be like who is she and why is she tagging me. Are you kidding? Carol is the reason that I have been able to sleep until 7 a.m. for several mornings because after reading this post, she suggested a little trick called bribery. And y’all it works 90% of the time. To show my appreciation I will tell you five things about my dog Scout (we actually have 2 dogs, but Scout is by far the weirdest so there’s a lot more material). Scout is the one with the darker coat and dark face. I would tell you that he’s on the left or right but I don’t really know my left from my right without thinking about it really hard and I’m not that committed.
1. If he is inside he will watch T.V. for hours. In fact, when he was a puppy he broke our VCR because a dog came on T.V. and he jumped up to attack the T.V. and slammed our VCR into the back of the armoire.
2. We had him for 2 weeks when we discovered that he had a hole in his heart and wouldn’t live for more than a year without surgery. The surgery couldn’t be done in town, so we drove him to College Station (home of the fightin’ Texas Aggie vet school) to have the procedure done. I will not embarrass myself by revealing how much the surgery cost, but sufficed to say Scout has met his healthcare deductible.
3. He is the only dog I’ve ever seen that will lick a beef rib like maybe he’s not sure that he wants it.
4. He weighs over 50 lbs but if you call him he will hurl himself off the ground and into your arms. He has knocked me over on more than one occasion.
5. P. is the pooper scooper at our house and he swears that anytime he’s picking up poop, Scout will walk right next to him and poop a fresh one. This could be one of the reasons P. doesn’t really claim him and says he’s my dog.
I’m supposed to tag 5 people but with apologies to Carol, I am drawing a blank. If you have a dog (or a cat since we’re all about equal opportunity here at Big Mama’s), feel free to consider yourself tagged.