Fall is without a doubt my favorite time of the year and these are the reasons why.
1. It’s still hot, but not the kind of hot that makes you feel like you just stuck your head in an oven.
2. The first morning that I walk outside and realize the air is crisp and cool. I can tell the wind has shifted because I can hear the train whistle and the sound of the high school band practicing in the morning.
3. Knowing that every Saturday there is a college football game on from morning until night. Big XII, SEC, Pac 10…it doesn’t really matter because it’s all good.
4. Candy corn and the occasional mellowcreme pumpkin.
5. Taking Caroline to the incredible Pumpkin Patch at the Methodist Church. Those Methodists know how to display some pumpkins.
6. Getting dressed in the morning and being able to put on jeans, a sweater and boots.
7. High school football games. I love to hear the band play, watch the cheerleaders jump up and down in between gossiping, and see all the other drama unfold with the high schoolers in the stands. Oh yeah…the football is good too.
8. The smell outside when people are burning fires in their fireplaces.
9. Making a huge batch of crawfish etouffee and having friends over on the first really cold night of the season.
10. School starts again for Caroline. It’s loads of fun for her and a welcome break for me. It’s a win-win.
11. Loading up the dogs and the kid and going to the ranch to hang out with friends, shoot some dove and just hang out.
12. Did I mention college football?
13. Knowing that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. They aren’t kidding about it being the most wonderful time of the year.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants