I have so many things running through my head today and rather than trying to make them all flow together, I’m taking the easy (lazy) way out and just throwing them at y’all.
1. Y’all, Emmitt Smith can dance. He might dance as well as he plays football. If y’all aren’t watching Dancing with the Stars, it is worth it just to watch Emmitt. I may have a small crush on him.
2. I ran to the grocery store yesterday to pick up a few necessities and this is what I found when I was unpacking my bags.
3. Reason #8456 that I love my friends. I got this in the mail from my friend Hite yesterday.
If y’all can’t see what it is, it’s instructions for a Brother brand label maker. In college, our friend Jen had a Brother word processor that we thought was the greatest technological invention ever for writing papers since apparently we were all too lazy to get to the computer lab and learn how to use this new technology called a COMPUTER. We were always calling Jen asking if she could bring her Brother over. “Hey Jen, what’s your Brother doing tonight?” I don’t know what makes this funnier, the fact that Hite remembers the days of the Brother or that he bought a label maker. Either way, I love him for taking the time to put this in the mail.
4. Last night I asked Caroline is she needed to tee-tee and she said she already had. Only problem was that I hadn’t seen her go in the bathroom. I asked if she tee-teed in her pants and she said yes. I asked “Did you really?” And she looked right at me like I might be a little slow and said “I really, really did.”
5. This morning I put a load of P’s laundry in the dryer and it was clanking around so loud. I kept thinking man his laundry is loud but never considered there might be something else in there. Later I discovered that I had dried a huge piece of plastic that broke off of the inside of our new washing machine. How do you not investigate a sound that is as loud as a huge piece of plastic banging around in your dryer? I honestly don’t have the answer.
6. What makes the fashion designers at Baby Gap think that moms of toddlers are looking for that perfect blazer or sweater vest for their little one to wear to a playdate? Do they sit and look at their sketch pads and imagine little mini-executives on the playground exchanging business cards and entering information into mini Blackberrys that they whip out of their blazer pockets?
7. Last night during dinner which was Mexican takeout and eaten in front of the T.V., P and I actually watched a documentary on the making of various shovels. You would think I’d be embarrassed that we reached that level of boredom and we actually chose to watch it instead of having you know, meaningful conversation. Apparently not.
I seriously considered coming up with 6 more things to turn this into a Thursday 13, but just didn’t have it in me. So, here it is…my Thursday 7. I’ve reached a whole new level of below average.