In lieu of any cohesive train of thought complete with paragraphs and proper sentence structure, I give you this list of things you most likely would be able to live the rest of your life without knowing.
1. I’m more than a little bit in love with this raincoat in the green giant daisy print from Boden.
If I could have some guarantee that it was going to be a rainy winter, I’d buy it right this very instant. But since I do not have the ability to see into the meteorological future, I will continue to debate and question whether or not I should pull the trigger and buy it. And every time it rains I will curse my inability to make a decision and wish I had this cute raincoat in my closet.
At least I know myself.
2. My iPhone has been trying to repair my Words With Friends app for the last three hours. I don’t know why I care one way or the other because I am truly horrible at the game. It is a soul-sucking vacuum that has convinced me that I don’t have a clear grasp of the English language or the ability to come up with any word that’s worth more than 8 points.
3. Caroline and her cousin, Sarah, spent the night at Mimi and Bops’ house last night. I took Caroline to rent a Redbox movie before I dropped her off and we chose a seemingly harmless film called Golden Buddies or something similarly stupid that alludes to a film about golden retrievers.
She called me an hour later to ask me to bring some other movies over because the one we rented was “inappropriate”. Since when are golden retriever puppies inappropriate?
It all made sense when I dropped off the new movies and my dad showed me that what Redbox actually gave me was an R-rated movie called Youth Revolt . What the heck, Redbox?
4. The new season of Rachel Zoe starts on August 3. I die.
Especially because I will be hosting a slumber party for a group of Caroline’s friends that night and won’t be able to watch it until the next day. Unless I want to send a bunch of little girls home to their parents saying things like “That sleepover was BANANAS”.
5. Speaking of T.V., what kind of sad world do we live in when I have over 300 channels and my best two viewing options at this moment are Footloose or Toddlers and Tiaras?
6. And one more thing about T.V.
While I still adore Coach and Tammy Taylor and believe that Friday Night Lights is about as good as television gets, this season has depressed me to no end. I need someone to find some happiness somewhere.
Right now it’s sadder than that season of Good Times when the Evans family thought they were finally moving out of the ghetto and then they found out that James had died and Florida dropped that bowl of salad.
7. Texas Monthly magazine announced the winner of their Where I’m From short film contest. The winner was the film entitled Beaumont Stinks. It will probably mean nothing to most of you, but if you have ties to Beaumont it will make you so happy.
8. I have a new favorite way to cook broccoli that makes it taste more like something I actually want to eat as opposed to something I force myself to eat to prevent scurvy. You can find the recipe here. It’s delicious.
9. I had new throw pillows made for my living room. The fabric had been sitting in my guest room for the better part of nine months, so I figured it was time.
Now I just need to replace the picture over the fireplace with some sort of black and white print. I’m envisioning something that represents Texas, but I can’t quite figure out what I want.
10. I still haven’t done anything about my kitchen windows or hung anything on the wall. I’m very indecisive when it comes to my home decor these days.
So I choose to do nothing.
Except stare at my walls and continue to worry if the turquoise is too bright.
11. If you have any thoughts or input on any of these things, it would be greatly appreciated.