So here’s what I did over the weekend:
1. Worried about contracting the swine flu.
2. Went to a wedding and ate the most delicious queso. In fact, when they ran out of chips, I seriously contemplated pouring queso over the sliced cantaloupe from the fruit table until I remembered that I don’t really like cantaloupe.
I decided it would probably be considered bad etiquette to just lick the queso off the fruit. My instincts tell me I made a good decision.
3. Went to a t-ball game where I had to cheer extra loud because Caroline’s usual fan club wasn’t in attendance and I felt the need to overcompensate.
4. Felt like maybe I was coming down with the swine flu.
5. Listened to Caroline speak approximately 4,746,982 words on Sunday alone. I don’t think she ever took a breath all day long, not even when I went back to my room and told her mama needed ten minutes of quiet. She followed me back there, stood at my bedside and counted down the minutes on the clock.
I had to take three Advils and some Evening Primrose Oil to find some inner serenity.
6. Went to eat dinner with our friends Kristie and George. Kristie is having triplets in one week and is on total bed rest. I’ve never seen someone who looks so completely uncomfortable in my life, but she is a trooper because she fixed her hair and was even wearing makeup.
If it were me I’d have transformed into Jabba the Hut, except not as charming and friendly.
7. Is my throat sore? Is that a symptom of the swine flu?
8. Caroline spent the night with Gulley and her boys on Friday night while we were at the wedding. I was worried she might get homesick, but as it turns out she’s decided she’d like to work it into her weekly schedule.
9. P and I stayed up late last night watching “The Notebook”. One of my life’s greatest pleasures is when he gets sucked into watching a chick movie and actually likes it.
Plus, I can ask him questions like “Will you come and read to me when I’m old and in a nursing home?” and he can reply, “Yes, as long as it has a pond where I can do some fishing while I’m there”.
He’s all mine, ladies.
10. Seriously, do I have really bad allergies or is this the swine flu?
And that pretty much sums it up.
On one final note, this post by Pete about the first day in India is heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time.