We kick off this episode with some awe and maybe a tiny bit of lamenting that our kids are officially licensed drivers, which is totally surreal but at least gives us opportunities to watch them swing and catch their keys a lot while they contemplate where they’d like to go next. As teenagers do.
We also talk about a few books I’ve read lately, some books Melanie is about to read, and some shows that have grabbed our attention. We have a lengthy discussion about this last season of The Real Housewives of New York City, and all I know to say about that is please don’t judge us for having such sophisticated television taste.
Last thing: at the end of this episode there’s a clip of this month’s Patreon Q&A, and if you haven’t joined us on Patreon yet, well, come on over. The first bonus episode will be out on Friday, August 9th. The Q&A, which is the second bonus episode, will be out on Monday, August 20th.
Happy 148, everybody! Hope y’all enjoy.
And if you’re on the Facebook, well, we are, too.
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, and we’d be honored if you’d leave us a review.
– O-ring keyring (if you need to buy a gift for teenage girl who’s a driver, here’s your answer)
– Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
– Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
– Beverly Hills, 90210 – the reboot
– The Big Boo Amazon Shop (affiliate links to help power the engine of ye olde podcast)
– Simple Contacts (promo code BIGBOO20 for $20 off your first order)
– FabFitFun (promo code BIGBOO for 20% off your first subscription box)