I realize this isn’t my normal Fashion Friday post, but it just doesn’t seem right to put up a bunch of links to cute shoes and sweaters when there is such devastation in Haiti right now. I’m not going to get on a soapbox about how we could all give what we’d normally spend on all our little creature comforts this week, but just think how that money could help those without food or shelter right now.
So, yeah, that was a little bit of a soapbox.
But I’m done now.
Just in case you missed it yesterday, here are some ways you can help. And I’ve added a few new ones to the list.
1. Text “disaster” to 90999 to donate $10.00 to Compassion International.
2. Click HERE to donate directly to Compassion’s Haiti Earthquake Disaster Relief fund.
3. Text “Haiti” to 90999 to donate $10.00 to the Red Cross.
4. Click HERE to donate directly to the Red Cross.
5. Until noon today, Ree at The Pioneer Woman is donating $.10 for every comment she receives on a post where she is giving away two $500 donations to the Haitian-related charity of the winner’s choice.
6. Click HERE to donate to Samaritan’s Purse.
I know the needs seem overwhelming as we sit and watch the images coming in from Haiti, but if every person who reads this blog every day could give just $1.00, that would add up to be a lot of dollars.
And if every person who reads this blog could give $5.00, then that would be even more dollars.
And if some of you could give more than that, well, it would be even more dollars.
I’m very good at math.
That’s it for this week.
Y’all have a good Friday.